Monday, January 4, 2016

Rosemary for your Hair

Rosemary essential oil is so great for your hair! I have found so many different ways to incorporate it into my everyday routine and I can't tell you the amount of compliments I get. Everything from the shine to the length to the texture and rosemary is my secret weapon ;) Here are a few easy peasy ways to use it.




In Shampoo and Conditioner

I try to use an essential oil based shampoo and conditioner. They're a bit more expensive but I think the difference is totally worth it. Sometimes my budget is a bit tighter, but even then I try to get the most natural ones I can find at the store. No matter what the brand, I always add a few drops of Rosemary oil in the bottle and shake it up. If, partway through the bottle, I decide I can't smell the rosemary well enough, I add a little more.


Spray for Abundance 

I have always had really thick hair but as I've gotten older it has thinned out some. I got maybe a little irrationally upset when I noticed a couple of months ago...Anyway, I made myself a little spray bottle with 30 drops of Rosemary oil and 15 drops of Lavender oil then filled the rest of the way with water.

About once a day I spray my scalp and kind of massage it around. It's super simple and super effective.


Deep Conditioner

I found a great recipe for a deep hair conditioner on Pinterest. (You can check it out for yourself here.) The recipe calls for 3 Tbsp of coconut oil, 1 Tbsp of olive oil and 8 drops of Rosemary essential oil. You combine all the ingredients and blend for about 5 minutes. Then you put it on your dry hair and leave it for 20 or 30 minutes before washing it out. I haven't done this one yet but it's on the agenda!

Hair Detangler

This one is used every day in our house...for my preschooler. She's got crazy curly hair. It's long and it tangles and it hurts when we brush it. So I have another handy spray bottle just for her. It's about half conditioner and half water (or more if you need a thinner consistency) with 15 drops of Rosemary and 5 drops of Lavender. It makes it so much easier to brush through that poor tangled mess!





Do you have any other ways to add Rosemary into your hair care routine? Or maybe another oil that works well for you? Let me know in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. That spray for abundance speaks to me! Going to have to start doing that! I also put a drop each of Rosemary and Lavender oils in my mascara to condition and strengthen my lashes. It works really well.

    ReplyDelete