Saturday, January 16, 2016

Hooray for Adult Coloring Books!

Alright, I kind of thought the whole adult coloring book thing was overrated. I do like to color, but the coloring books I buy my kids are fine to use, right? Why should I buy a special "adult" coloring book when I have perfectly good Curious George and My Little Pony pages awaiting some artistic expression right here at hand?

But then they made a Harry Potter one.

And then my mom bought it for me.


And now I get what the big deal is! There are so many intricate little tiny parts that need individually colored to make the whole picture work. It's time consuming and completely addictive!

So far, I've only had time to finish the title page:



and these vines:



and this one of Harry and Hedwig...



And of course I had to get to work on Professor Snape in honor of the great Alan Rickman.



 I think this book is going to last me a long time and I'm totally fine with that. I imagine that by the time I get to the last page, I'll be sad to see it done.

But that doesn't stop me from buying another one, like this Brother's Grimm coloring book I found while I was shopping the other day!

Oh, the possibilities...

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you like your coloring book! I know what you mean about them lasting a long time. I just have a tiny one and I think I'll be coloring in it forever, but Brothers Grimm! Wow! And I really like the Frozen one I saw the other day too. Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete