Monday, October 6, 2014

New Chore Charts!

My kids have a chore to do every day after school. Lucky for me, my son in particular actually loves doing it! The more challenging the better! He loves the sense of independence he gets when he accomplishes a tough chore on his own.

Recently, though, I realized that our old chore chart was getting a little tired. It no longer held the excitement it used to so I thought I would start from scratch with a brand new one. Or...rather...two brand new ones.

I found some great chore charts on Pinterest but you can see the ones that I finally chose to base mine on here. I loved the idea of individual charts. I feel like it makes the kids feel more empowered.

And here they are!!


I used a couple of clipboards I found at Goodwill. Then I used Elmer's glue to attach scrapbook paper to each kid's board and glued a strip of ribbon on top of the overlap.



I wanted to find colors and patterns to match their personalities and I think I was pretty successful!



I used some old alphabet stickers I had laying around from a past project to put their names at the bottom and finally clipped on some cute post-it notepads that I picked up at Wal-Mart! Nothing to it and the kids and I are all very happy with the results.


How do you get your kids to do their chores?

2 comments:

  1. Cute! I bet The Little's are super excited for their new lists! As for my kids, how did I get them to do their chores?? Threatened them with their very lives, of course....you were one of those threatened children so you know it's true...bahahahahhhahhha....

    ReplyDelete