Monday, November 17, 2014

Book Review--Allegiant


I finished the final book in Veronica Roth's Divergent series last night and, honestly, I'm torn. I wanted so badly to be in love with this series but it just didn't happen. Divergent was great. It was suspenseful and had great character development and left me wanting more. But somehow the other two books in the series simply didn't have those things, or at least to the extent that I could lose myself in the story. This final installment held me in little to no suspense, even in the times when there should have been a lot of action. There were so many plot holes and it seemed like the author was just trying to find ways to keep the story going. And it's not that I think that what she came up with was bad; just that it needed more revision so that the story was tight knit and made sense when you looked at the whole picture. Because now, looking back on the series, so many things just seem forced. So for those who have read it, what did you think? Did Allegiant meet the expectations that you had for the series?

No comments:

Post a Comment